Sunday, September 16, 2007

Writers Strike

My dearest fans,

I am sorry I have been so neglectful in posting my memoirs. You see, even though I am very advanced for my age, I have not yet developed the fine motor skills required for typing. Therefore, I am dependent on my slacker Mom and Dad to scribe for me. They have recently been on strike and have refused to pen my notes. My Dad started class again and has had to work second shift, so his schedule has been busy. My Mom has been busy taking care of me and I will give her that that can be a lot of work! Finally my Mom broke the holdout and has agreed to resume to help me with my life's work - sharing my story to make the lives of others better (or at least more entertained).
I have been busy since I last dictated. I got to hang out with the Fritsche family so my Mom and Dad could go out. Mrs. Fritsche, Ben's grandmother, and his Aunt Anne helped Jeff and Erica take care of me. After much protesting by me, Ben's grandmother saved my pacifer from eminent pollution in Ben's mouth.
I also had my first pool experience. I liked it a lot. My Mom didn't have a suit for me, so I did it French Riveria style - diaper only. I didn't want those pesky photogs to snatch any pictures of me (obviously a failure), so I had my favorite hat and sunglasses on. Don't I look chique?
In daily news, I have finally taken an interest in my Gymini playmat (note, I am not an official endorser of this product and no financial compensation has been made). I also enjoy my Lamaze Flora the Flutterbug and Cube. Here I am looking at Nanas the Monkey on my playmat.














I also had my second visit to Cincinnati. This time we stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Rust's house. Grandma Susan, Grandpa Rick, and Aunt Emma took good care of me - I had a lot of fun. I went to my first baby shower (for my soon-to-be born friend Baby Johnson) and I met lots of new friends at my Open House. I also watched my first Bengals game with Grandpa Mike and Grandma Ruthie. I visited Great Grandpa Dick and Great Grandma Lorraine again. GG Lorraine and I bonded - she told me the deepest Rust family secret. Here I am in total shock! I promise I won't tell a soul, GG Lorraine.


I am also smiling now, although it has been tricky to catch on camera. I am very Posh Spice in that way. Maybe the sneaky paparazzi will get one and I will post soon. Look for my next post - my first Bengals Sunday in Charlotte!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Your monkey's name is Nanas? We have the same exact monkey on our playgym and his name is "British Monkey Friend" and he speaks to Joey with an odd British accent.

Unknown said...

Yes, Nanas is short for Bananas. I didn't notice him for the first 8 weeks I sat on my mat, but I have taken a liking to him the past few weeks. Tell Joey's BMF that Nanas says hello.