Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of my friends and family out there. I know what you are saying right now...Elise Wilson? Who is she? Isn't she the little girl who used to have a great blog? Well, I apologize for my past couple weeks of neglecting all of my adoring fans. To make it up to you, I have a jam-packed blog with over 20 pictures. That's right, you heard it correctly - OVER 20 PICTURES!

So have you forgiven me yet? If so, keep reading. Let's start with Thanksgiving...


So for Thanksgiving we headed up to Cincinnati (formerly Bengals Nation to us since apparently we have officially given up on the franchise and are now Panthers fans to save the our hearts from breaking). I really had fun seeing Grandma Ruthie and Papaw (Mike Wilson) as well as Uncle Cam and Aunt Joanna. But who I really had fun with was Molly, Papaw's dog (much to my mom's chigrin). Here is Aunt Joanna helping me give Molly a treat.
I also enjoyed some time with Uncle Cam out on the swing.After a few days in Cincinnati, we headed back to Panthers Nation (and warmer weather!). December was actually a quiet month for me and the blog, as daddy was busy with finals for school and mommy was busy with work. So with my scribes out, I focused on my other favorite past times - playing with Ben, hanging out with my awesome nanny Debbie, and going to my weekly gym class at My Gym. One Saturday, Ben and I went on a date to visit the singing Bears at Founders Hall in Downtown Charlotte. I particularly found the conductor, Leonard Bearnstein, particularly amusing despite the dreadful pun for a name. For another fun pre-Christmas activity, my family visited the Botantical Gardens with the Fritsche family. They had beautiful lights, Christmas trees, and trains. Oh. And they had that guy. That guy I would grow to dread, loathe and downright hate. Here is attempt number one...Good try, mommy. But no way.

The guy in the suit asked me if I had been naughty or nice. "Hmmm" I thought. "Let me think back..." Suddenly my recent run-in with the fuzz popped into my head. My clandestine photo shoot...


And resulting mug shot.
"I guess I will have to wait until 2009, Big Guy" I thought.

So onto Christmas! We headed back up to Cincinnati again, but this time stayed most of our visit with Grandma Su-Su and Grandpa Rick. After Aunt Emma fed me my weight in pancakes (23.5 lbs by the way)...


we headed out to visit the trains... Oh. And that guy again. Why won't he just leave me alone?! Isn't the shame and guilt of my deliquent year punishment enough?! Attempt number two (final attempt)...

Horrible! Little did I know how much that guy would end up hooking me up. Here I am Christmas morning seeing my gifts for the first time. I was so excited, until I heard that the Barney doll was actually for Daddy (he LOVES Barney!).Needless to say, I am already starting on my manners for next year! Below are a few other pictures from my Christmas visit to Cincinnati. Here I am breaking in a new stallion. Ride 'em, cowgirl!

Papaw and I couldn't make it to Vegas this year, so the slot machine in his basement had to do. Another winner?!?!?! This is great!Here I am with Mommy. As you can tell, it is a Friday, which is always a "pants optional" day (good thing Mommy is hiding behind that chair!)Mommy also was able to get pigtails in my hair. It didn't last long, so the photoshoot was swift.We headed back to Charlotte just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve. Ben came over and we had a sleepover (at least until midnight!). Here we are in front of the hearth in our comfy flannel pj's. And here I am helping Ben finish up his dinner. The things we do for love...

I hope you all enjoyed a restful and peaceful holiday with YOUR loved ones. I apologize for not getting out a card this year (my concierges are useless, but I guess you get what you pay for), but I hope this long blog posting serves as some sort of consolation. I'll leave you with a couple of parting shots of me around the house and a preview of blog postings to come - my first day of "school" (today actually!), Ben's second birthday (2/1), Valentine's day and Mommy's birthday (2/26). So stay tuned!
Happy New Year!

No comments: