Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

If you are still reading this blog, then you are truly a loyal fan! It has been awhile since my last update, mostly because I am running my scribes silly with my excessive climbing, jumping, talking and occasional tantrum. So any down time they have they are usually picking up my messes, doing work around the house, or collapsed on the couch. Mommy was nice enough to find some time to get some pictures February through May on here for your enjoyment! Here is what has been happening...

I have figured out how to put on sunglasses and quite enjoy wearing them. This picture is from February but I still manage to shove these on. I just wore them today to the pool! Here is my glamour shot. Don't I look like an angel? Notice the short sleeves in February - awesome!
"Obi-Wan, you are our only hope." Daddy had fun dressing me up as his favorite Star Wars characters.
We had our first real snow in Charlotte since I have been alive! Mom and Dad bundled me up to play in the snow. Man that stuff is cold!
Here we are trying to build a snowman. It ended up being more of a mound of snow. Mom is trying a lot harder than I am!

In March, Daddy had ankle surgery to repair an old football injury (yes, that's right, this means this injury is over 15 years old). He was laid up for quite awhile. I enjoyed spending some QT with him. The first week he was confined to his bed most of the time, so Kermit and I hung out with him a bit - with our feet elevated as well of course!

Here I am getting ready for Easter.
I am starting to play pretend more with my stuffed animals which is a lot of fun. When Grandma Ruthie and Papaw visited me, they helped me get my animals into matching outfits with me. Diapers all around!
In April we got some bad news - my great-grandpa Dick Rust passed away. He was 94 and had lived a very happy, full life (from what I am told). We made the trip up to Cincinnati to remember him and visit our family. Here I am when I was just a little baby with GG Dick. Love ya!
Here I am with my grandpa Mike, or Papaw! He is a lot of fun and makes me laugh a lot! Today is actually his birthday. Happy Birthday Papaw!

So Easter was a little cold in Cincinnati! This is my normal winter coat - so it was strange to hunt for eggs with the cold! Luckily, it did not stop me. I found lots of eggs in Grandma Su-Su and Grandpa Rick's yard. And once I figured out there was candy in them, there was no going back. Sugar high - holla!
Hey, do I look like this duck?

After Easter, we went down to Florida for a few days with Grandma Su-Su, Grandpa Rick and Aunt Emma. I LOVED the pool. Here I am jumping right in.
I also enjoyed the sand and beach! Emma helped me with lots of sand castles.

Here I am waving to Daddy. Can you tell it was a little windy in Florida?

After my vacation, it was back to the daily grind in Charlotte - playing, eating, sleeping, talking, climbing, running, jumping and of course, playing. I have really been into the Mardi Gras beads that I stole from my neighbors' house.
And of course, I am still hanging out with my buddy Ben. Here I am trying to block his view of the show we were watching. Notice I am still holding my beads.

I also still like to boss Ben around, although he has learned to fight back much to my chigrin. Here we are raising the roof. And if you have really good eyes, you can see, I still have my beads on.
In May, we went on our first family vacation. We went to the Outer Banks, NC with the Fritsches and the Wenstrups. Although it was a little rainy, we still had a great time. Here I am with Mommy on the hammock.

And here we are in the baby pool on the deck. I had a lot of fun with Courtney, Reagan and Ben.

I was able to get Ben hooked on Barney while we were on vacation. His parents had been more adept than mine at keeping the big purple guy from him - but it was completely unavoidable in a house with 4 kids to avoid it. After all, we were a happy family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.
Here I am striking a pose. I can't remember what was going on, but I am sure I was trying to get out of trouble. And now I am laughing because it worked. Ben can be so silly! We had fun at the pizza place in Duck, NC.Duck is very close to the birthplace of aviation (no, not Dayton, OH, but Kitty Hawk, NC - I know this is a contentious point). So naturally it was very windy in OBX as well. We took advantage of the wind by flying some kites. Here I am checking mine out.

A quick pose with Mommy.So I know I am long overdue, but I hope I have made up for it with a long posting this time! More to come soon as my new BFF Kate Fritsche is supposed to arrive later in June! And of course I hit the big "2" on July 4.

2 comments:

Fritsche Family said...

Yeah! Another entry! Elise never fails to disappoint when it comes to entertaining us through her blog.

GR said...

This probably is one of the best blogs I have ever seen. The photo with Papaw is especially good and I am sure everybody would like to see more....Keep up the good work....Love, Papaw