Well, I must be slipping in my old age. It's been two weeks again since I last wrote, so again, I'll have to make this one count.
We went to the doctor on Wednesday for my one month check up. So far I am weighing in at 9 pounds, 10 ounces and am 21 inches long. We were hoping for a clean 10 pounds, but I've still put on two and a half pounds since I was born. That's pretty good. The one thing that I meant to ask the doctor, but forgot, is: Why am I not 21 inches tall rather than 21 inches long? That sounds sort of wierd. At what point do we make the turn where I can be measured in height rather than length? It sounds like I'm a worm more than a person!
The week before last I was visited by my Aunt Emma and Grandma Susan. We had a lot of fun. They took great care of mommy and me and they also were a big help in cleaning the house up for mommy. Grandma Susan is great at organizing and cleaning. Must be where mom gets it. Daddy had to work second shift that week (and still is), so he didn't get to take mommy to dinner, but they got to go to lunch a couple times and go to the mall together. It was just nice to see the two of them.
Everything else has been going well so far. We're going to be packing up and heading home this week to go to daddy's roommate in Hyde Park's wedding. It should be a lot of fun to meet some new people who I've heard so much about.
Mommy and daddy are also waiting for me to smile. They seem to think it's going to be this week because I'm really close to looking like I'm really happy for a change. Usually I'm either crying, staring at something, or sleeping. So, this will be a nice change of perspective for them of me. Truthfully, I am pretty happy, I just don't know how to smile. Not as easy as it sounds if you've never done it!
Well, that's about all I've got for now. I hope I haven't lost many people from this blog since it took so long to write.
Bengals season is around the corner. Who Dey!!!
2 comments:
It's about time we get another posting! Cute pics. Here's hoping for a smile soon from Elise Mae.
Elisa, I love your latest blog and photos. We can't wait to see and hold you on Sunday(9/9). Your Grandma Ruthie and Grandpa Mike and Molly had a 60th birthday party at the park with all the dog friends for me. Sixty is a VERY long time for you. Your Grandpa Mike made everyone Mamosas, an adult beverage...very delicious. Oh, I think you will be measured in height instead of length when you start walking. Are you smiling yet? See you Sunday, the Dinells
Post a Comment