Well, I've been on a 12 day sabbatical and I've become much wiser and older since the last time I wrote. I'm not really sure what my sabbatical consisted of except that I didn't write to everyone. I understand that my fan base was not very thrilled to have waited so long. So, with that in mind, I'm going to post a lot of pictures that visualize what I'll cover in today's lesson.
Finally, I got to meet my uncle Cam. I didn't really see too much of him because I slept the whole time that he was around, but we had a great time. Really he didn't seem to mind too much since he just stared at me in amazement the whole time. We had a lot of fun together and I was really sad that my aunt Joanna didn't make it down to Charlotte. But on the bright side, Joanna finally took the BAR and we're all very relieved and excited that she's finished. That's a big accomplishment. Hopefully, I won't ever need her services to get out of trouble. But it's nice to have up my sleeve in case she ever needs to bail me out! I'll meet her next month, and we'll have plenty to catch up on.
Yesterday, dad was part of giving me a bath for the first time. I dig baths for some reason. Typically when I don't have anything on I scream and cry, but when I'm being dipped in warm water, it really is nice. He laughed at mom the whole time because she was so meticulous about getting every square millimeter on my body while she was washing me. All that dad did was rinse me off and take pictures. See below. I hope that I like swimming pools as much as I like the bath water because dad insists that the next house we move into is going to have a pool. If the amount of crying that I do is any reflection on how strong my lungs are, I'm going to be Jacques Cousteau in the pool.

In my Babies R Us section of the blog, we got a swing yesterday. It is called a swing n' glide. Clever. So far I have spent a lot of time in it and I think it's going to be a hit. Mom had the bright idea to get it and I think she might have been on to something. I swung (or glided) in it for an hour and a half this morning. You'd think that it would make me sick, but I have that iron stomach from the Wilson family, so it was child's play.
We also bought a new car this week. Mom traded in her Honda for a Nissan Maxima. It's really nice, and although they didn't tell me, I suspect it's because mom and dad couldn't fit my car seat into the back of the Honda. So, they had to get a bigger car so dad could have his car back when mom had me during the day. Now both cars can hold my car seat and we're free to hop in and go whenever we want. That sounds like I live in a spontaneous family. I don't, but it's nice to have that option.
Mom and Aunt Erica took me to the park on Thursday with Ben. I met my new friend James whose mommy works with mom. I rode the swing with mom for a while and really was entertained by that. The swing enjoyment is really what led to mom and dad buying my swing for indoors (see Babies R Us purchase of the week mentioned previously). So, we're starting to get outside more for walks and hanging out with others. It's nice to be a social person. I like to meet everyone that I can.
One thing that I've been pondering lately as evident by my constantly furrowed brow, is if our friends Erica and Jeff down the street are my "aunt" and "uncle," why do they refer to their son, Ben, as a potential boyfriend. Doesn't that seem kind of weird? I know that I have family in Kentucky, but that's a little bit of a curve ball in my early developmental stages of learning. Thoughts are greatly appreciated on that.
So, I'll bid everyone adieu for now. Hope you are all well and haven't forgotten about me since I haven't written in so long.
3 comments:
Elise,
Your mom and dad are very entertaining! You will have a lot of laughter in your life because of them. Love, GR
PS, Your Uncle Cam is very handsome!
Dear Elise,
You are a dear indeed! You made us cry tonight --- with delight! When we first saw your birth pictures in July, we thought you looked just like your Mommy--focused, serious, intense, keyed in on the very essense of who you were looking at that very moment. Now we think you look like your daddy--sweet, loving, laughing, gorgeous, and so much fun.
And you are so well-traveled! You HAVE to come to another state--Illinois! And we know you are, and simply cannot wait! We are re-decorating at our house for your arrival. That is right, you will be here in the old Windy City pretty soon.
Chicago! Home of the CUBS! We do not know which is more exciting-- the thought that you are coming to see us soon, or the thought that you might--just might-- be coming to the city of champions. Forget those silly Cincinnati Bungles or the Reds (--who close out the year with our Cubbies, by the way, don't you know.) Let Great Uncle David and your Crazy Great Aunt Patty teach you to say.."Cubs! Woooo! Cubs! WOOO!"
Oops! OK, Great Uncle David just came in the room. He's a Southsider, you know...and he wants us to teach you "Go Sox!" (Even though we know that really means "Sox are losers...." especially this year...)
And then your second-cousin Jack just text-messaged us. He wants us to teach you how to hold up two fingers (One !Two!) and then wave them back and forth, and say "Fight on!" for his USC Trojans. (How can a college with such a good music school have such a lousy fight song?)
Kelly..well, she would rather sing to you. And she will, so beautifully, when you come to see us for the wedding in November. She is driving now, and we just got a new used car today from Great Aunt Lori!)
We love you SOOOOOO much! We cannot wait to hold you and hug your mom and dad.
GA Patty and GU David, and Jack and Kelly
Post a Comment