Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cruisin' along

On the eve of my two week anniversary, I feel that I should be writing to note the last day of my innocence. From what I've heard around the yard, once you hit two weeks, it's all downhill. Frankly, I'm expecting black "over the hill" balloons in my crib tonight. So depressing.

On a good note, I had a doctor's visit today for another official weigh-in. In a week's time, I went from 7 pounds to 7 lbs, 12 ounces! Can you believe it? So much for my hour-glass figure. That's 12% of my body weight that I put on! Mom and dad were really proud of me.

Mom and dad bought me some new dresses this week. The funny thing is, I have yet to wear my first one and they've already bought me 4 or 5! Erica Fritsche's mom, Joan, bought me a seersucker dress last week. When I wear it, I think people will have to refer to me as Elise Mae (spoken in a thick low country accent) rather than just Elise. Very southern. I think everyone will have to refer to my arranged prom date, Ben Fritsche, as "The Colonel" when we're together in our plantation gear. The dress might be a little too small for when I have my debutante ball, but it's definitely pioneering as my first "southern" outfit.

On another note, I have developed this dreadful trait of being gassy. It's not very lady-like, but I can't help it. When it comes on, I have to tighten my tummy, straighten my legs and arch my back for some real-deal attention. Mom and dad just watch me and say "Awwwwhh!" as if they feel sorry for me, but all that they do is shove some dropper in my mouth with this thick pink stuff that tastes like fake cotton candy and make me swallow it. Some day I'll pay them back for that.
Well, since I last wrote, I don't have a whole lot of new pictures. Just the few below.

Ciao.





Notice a theme with my mouth open in this last picture compared to the rest?!

1 comment:

Fritsche Family said...

"The Colonel" sends his love. He's going to get Elise a corsage to wear with her new seersucker dress.