Monday, July 9, 2007

Elise has finally arrived






On July 4, 2007 at 3:38 PM, Elise Mae Wilson arrived! It wasn't easy for mom, but it turned out to be well worth it. Jeanine was absolutely incredible through everything and did it all with a smile. Elise was born weighing 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long. Her first name is one that Jeanine and I liked a lot that has ties to several things important to us (It's not a coincidence that Beethoven and The Cure both wrote music involving her name). Her middle name, Mae, was the middle name of both of my grandmothers who Elise would have loved. The people in town for the arrival were Mike and Ruthie Wilson, Susan and Rick Rust as well as Jay and Emma Rust. Cam Wilson was not able to be here for the arrival, but made up for it by catching a hot dog eating contest in Ft. Thomas that day. Even trade if you ask me.



Elise has met some of our friends so far as well. Sunday, she met Steven Martin, our next door neighbor; Kelly Sherman, a friend that Jeanine went to grad school with; and Jeff, Erica, and (potential suitor) Ben Fritsche, friends from Fort Thomas. Ben couldn't resist planting a kiss on Elise the first day that they met. I've got to keep an eye on him.




As far as mama goes, she is doing well. She's sore, but nothing less is to be expected from delivery. She has rebounded very well so far and is in excellent spirits.


Today, July 9, Elise had her first doctor's appointment. After five days of rigorous workouts that have included sleeping, eating and going to the bathroom more than 10 times a day, she tipped the scales at 7 pounds exactly. Not too bad for her first weigh in. She still fits in the feather weight class and will be looking to move into welterweight status soon.


We'll continue to update the blog as often as possible. Elise is already taking after mama as a glam girl which is another reason for me to start worrying.



On one last note. The grandparents, aunts, and uncle have not offered any suggestions for names to be called. It's open for discussion by anyone with opinions.

'til later.

6 comments:

Lauren Basden Taylor said...

I LOVE the blog! I'm so excited to see the pics and read about your experiences on there. I cannot WAIT to meet Elise! Congrats, J9 and Michael!

- Lauren Basden Taylor

Susan Rust said...

We, too, love the blog! I especially enjoyed her commentaries regarding various sports items, i.e. "MLB" - Barry Bonds, etc!!! Increasingly more will come representing her dad's views....hmmmm - is that 'nature' or 'nurture'! ha!

Also - love the shades! a beauty like her mom.

Love to all!
Grandma "Su-su" or whatever Elise devises...........

Anonymous said...

Local family is very excited. Elise is beautiful and her parents look too proud. Wishing you all the best & God bless!! Love,
Aunt Dro (Granny)

Debbie said...

Congratulations Jeanine and Michael! Your precious Elise is beautiful! I must tell you that my Father was born on the 4th of July! I love the blog and I enjoy seeing the pictures. Best wishes to you all!

-Debbie Krantz

Molly said...

This is sooooo neat! Trying to contemplate names for grandparents...can't come up with anything right now, but guessing that "Tank" probably wouldn't work for Mike! Love you guys! Molly

Molly said...

Michael and Jeanine and Elise, whoever is keeping us updated should have been or should be a writer! I love reading about the activities of your days and seeing your pictures! We cannot wait to meet Elise!